Morrie's Luxury Auto hosted the Fashion Group International Fall Into Luxury this fall. The space was a showroom for individuals inquiring on different cars and their features. The runway was isolated by chairs on the right and left. Prior to the show guests were welcome to enjoy appetizers and gaze upon the luxury cars. Some of the car brands included Maserati and Aston Martin.
The designer was Mona Nunez and initially after one glance you could easily spot his designer aesthetic. He was in a car workmans coverall pantsuit in a lighter textiles than denim, with a long furry key chain tail resting along his leg, and a matching hat which exposed his curly hair. His shoes were boots and completed the look.
The designs incorporated nice furs, sports coats, classic fall colors, and some bright colors as well. Each look was unique and eyecatching.
Luxury Retailers featured: Mona Williams, June, Bumbershute, Martin Patrick 3
Spokeswomen: Anahita Ahrar
Dress: Primp's Secret Warehouse sale
Shoes: Charolette Russe
Minneapolis holds Fashion Week #FWMN in both the fall and the spring. Last spring for Envision's show it was with Tim and Thom. These two are twins, and Tim was even featured on Project Runways 13th season! The show had a beautiful dark setting, with an earthy aesthetic among the models with different head pieces as well. Each look was unlike anything I had ever seen before.
Check out Tim and Thom: https://www.facebook.com/timplusthom/
When you are a college student, the amount of disposeable income is not always that high. Therefore, Haloween is the perfect time to get crafty! I had no idea what I intially wanted to be, but I walked into Gina + Will which is the second hand shop on campus and found some Genie pants. These pants were men's sized One Size Fits All.. AKA ginormous for a girl my size.
Steps to make my outfit:
1. Cut out a majority of the fabric from inbetween the legs and upper crotch area
2. Sew this part on both sides with an appropriate proportion to your leg size and girth
3. Take out excess fabric on the ankles and sew this tighter (you can still get the pants on because of the buttons on the sides)
4. Take the leftover fabric and decide what you want your shirt to look like
5. I decided to go off of Jasmine from the Disney movie, therefore I am turning an old bra into a bandeau
6. I took the scaps and sewed them on randomly across the bra, so that it would cover as much as it could
7. Later I saw that this was still too exposed and bought a lace tank to embed throughout the top as well
8. Finishing touches included adding the chain that was on the pants onto the bralette, adding a headband, and some bracelets